How to Update Your Graphics Drivers
"A lot of the support emails we get are people who are having graphical issues with Onverse. If there is something wrong with your graphics, there is a good chance that you need to update your graphics drivers.
Here is a good resource for people who don't know what this is or how to do it:
If you have a notebook or laptop computer: You should visit the website of the notebook manufacturer to download the latest driver.
If you have a desktop or workstation computer: Before you can update the graphics driver, you need to know what kind of graphics card you have. To find out what type of graphic card you are using:
- Click "Start."
- On the "Start" menu, click "Run."
- In the "Open" box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks) , and then click "OK."
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the "Display" tab.
- On the "Display" tab, information about your graphics card is shown
in the "Device" section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.Once you know the kind of graphics card you have, visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. Here are links for downloading drivers from the most common graphics card manufacturers:
- Click the Apple.
- On the "Apple" menu, click "Software Update."
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. If
there is a graphics driver update, it will be included in the Mac OS X update.It's a good practice to keep them current, even if you aren't having an issue." -StevEO, late CEO and founder of Onverse, LLC.